Edouard Duval Blancs d'Eulalie
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Order number: SW18292
- Versandkostenfrei ab 200 € Bestellwert
- Perfekt gelagert bei gleichbleibend niedriger Temperatur
- Persönlicher, kundenorientierter Service
This blanc de blancs is crafted with the best chardonnay grapes of the lieudit “L’Epicéa” which is the most sunny exposed parcel of the domain. This vine has been planted over 50 years ago and offer each year rich, healthy and ripped chardonnay grapes.
About 40% of the wines have been slowly aged in Burgundian Demi-Muids and are offered with very low dosage to keep its quintessence.
TASTING NOTES from Edouard Duval:
The Champagne has a bright and clear appearance, showing deep lemon-yellow
color with pale silvery reflections deep in the glass. It is animated by fine and lively
bubbles which forms arrays of persistent beads. Visually, the wine announces itself
fresh and fine.
The first nose evokes smells of smoked and iodized limestone, typical of our marly-limestone soil, mixed with notes of lemon, fresh hazelnut and white peach. After contact with air, the champagne reveals note of quince compote, cashews, butter, almond cream, with menthol and anise accents that reflect our efforts in vineyard working.
The first contact in the palate is supple and fresh with a creamy and melted effervescence. The champagne develops a luscious and crunchy fruity palate, underlined by concentrated lemon acidity.
The mid-palate is orchestrated by a marly-limestone minerality which gives fruitiness, chewiness, tactile scale, iodized salinity and length on the palate. The general feeling is refined and fruity, expressing the character and elegance of ripe grapes on these emblematic terroirs.
• Parmesan shavings refined 30 to 40 months
• Fresh salmon tartare, lemon cream and arugula with sesame oil
• Blue lobster, white miso and pickled grapefruits
• Grilled langoustines, parsnip mousseline, citrus oil
• Saint-Pierre meunière fillet cooked in a yuzu nage
• Stir-fried scallops, butternut salad with chestnut and fresh herbs
• Roasted monkfish tail and parmesan risotto
• Chicken cooked at low temperature and creamy risotto with truffle
Rating: 90P James Suckling
|Character:||Warmherzig & Lebensbejahend|
|Grape variety:||Blanc de Blancs|
|Region:||Côte des Bar|
|Pot. Allergene:||Enthält Sulfite|
|Herstelleradresse:||Champagne Edouard Duval SAS Domaine Sainte Eulalie 6 ruelle des Pressoirs 10200 Bligny, Frankreich|